Tax credit and deduction
Our cleaning and ironing services entitle you to 50% tax deduction or a tax credit for the expenses you have incurred during the year (Art. 199 sexdecies CGI).
Manon and John, Poitiers, request O2 Comfort Solution (home cleaning & Ironing) 3 hours per week.
- In 2011, they spent € 3,556.80 in cleaning and ironing services provided by O2.
- In 2012, they had to pay € 2,500 of income tax.
Thanks to the € 1,778.40 tax benefit in conformance with the services –homecleaning & ironing O2, Manon and Jean finally had to pay only € 721.60 of income tax.
Who can benefit?
If you exercise a professional activity or are job-seekers, you can benefit from the tax credit under certain conditions.
In other cases, you benefit from the tax deduction.
How does it work?
- The service must take place in a private home.
- The service must take place in your main residence.
- During your holidays, you can also benefit from this tax advantage as your vacation spot occasionally becomes your main residence.
- O2 sends you a tax certificate at the beginning of the year following the one in which the house cleaning and ironing services were made and paid. This certificate indicates you the amount and the place where you can report it on your tax return.
The annual expenditure ceilings which entitle to tax benefit varies between 12 000 and 20 000 euros depending on your personal situation.
* Calculation exclude any other tax benefit.